Thursday, August 27, 2009

Priorities


My clients,my business, my commitments to organizations I belong to, my book I'm writing- are all very important to me. My family, my friends, my cats - are all very important to me. I also acknowledge that I am important to me, but sometimes that slips off the horizon or is put off because there are tasks which seem more urgent (although not always more important).
The time has come for some "me time." Next week I can combine the priorities of taking care of me and spending time with friends and family. I am taking 6 days to fly to Seattle for a vacation. I intend to geocache, rest, eat some terrific seafood meals, read, perhaps bike ride, and visit with my two sisters and their spouses. I am going to sleep more, breathe more deeply, and come back refreshed and ready to continue my normal routines (with perhaps a closer weekly look at those priority balances).
Jonda S. Beattie
Professional Organizer

No comments: