Thursday, October 14, 2010

Priorities - Taking time for self

Although I love my profession and my clients, it is sometimes the best thing for me to take a break. I love mini-vacations and take them when there is an opportunity. This past week my niece, Lis, and her husband, Jason, were going to Florida for a wedding. They were staying a few days at my sister's house before the wedding. My sister invited me to also come and visit. I jumped at the chance.
For four days I just relaxed and did not think of work (except for reading an organizing book in the car on the way down and back while Len drove). We had a low country boil the first evening when we arrived. We went out on the pontoon boat and saw a manatee calf and some dolphins. I went canoeing and saw fish, crabs, and lots of unusual birds. I enjoyed reconnecting with my family, especially with my niece, who I rarely get to see.
The picture is of Monkey Island in the Homosassa River. We had a lunch at the Yardarm Restaurant the day we went canoeing and I took the picture then.
I am back into full swing again and already thinking ahead of my time with my family at Christmas. I like to know another mini-vacation is on the horizon.
How do you break to take care of your need to relax?
Jonda S. Beattie
Professional Organizer

No comments: