Thursday, December 15, 2011

Harried Holidays

It's almost Christmas! I look at the calendar and am at the same time excited and frantic. I am so looking forward to having my grown boys and spouse visiting. I am still looking forward to some parties, gatherings, and church events. I am enjoying the holiday foods and music.
But, whoa! A lot of things are still not done. The cards have not yet been mailed. One of the gifts I ordered is back ordered and may not make it on time. I still have more baking to do. The house is still in disarray from some recent events. No gifts have been wrapped.
Breathe.
I must remember my vision for the perfect holiday. How can I still make this happen? How do I deal with my schedule setbacks?
Breathe.
OK. The cards that are not finished can go in a bag with me in the car. When I need to sit and wait for an appointment I'll have them with me. I'll have moments here and there and if I just do a few each time, I'll make it.
Breathe.
The back ordered gift will not make it but I can cut out the picture from the catalog and put it in a card with the promise of the gift when it arrives. After all, it will not be his only gift.
Breathe.
Some baking may not get done and the most important items can be done next week.
Breathe.
The house can be tackled in small increments. It doesn't have to be perfect.
Breathe.
Sunday I 'll put on some music and wrap the gifts. It will be fun.
Breathe.
I plan to take time this weekend to see some friends and go to a church event. The holiday spirit will be there. By the time family arrives, all will be good. It doesn't have to be perfect. No one will care.
Breathe.
Enjoy your holidays!!!




Jonda S. Beattie
Professional Organizer

No comments: