Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!


As the old year comes to a close, we often hear people say things like, "I hope the new year is better than the last one," or "I sure didn't accomplish my goals last year, or "I hope this one goes better." Most of us had some bad things happen in the past year, but I encourage you to take a few moments and list the good things that happened. What made you grateful? What did you accomplish? What made you smile? Once you get started on that list, you will probably be amazed at how fast it grows.

Looking forward to the new year, instead of making a list of "shoulds" - I should lose weight. I should spend less and save more. I should organize my files - set an intention or two for the coming year. Develop a vision of this coming year. Gratefulness, harmony, or joy might be part of your vision. Put together a vision board and post it where you will see it. I like to use Christine Kane's word of the year tool - http://christinekane.com/word/.

Once you have developed your vision - share.
Happy New Year!


Jonda S. Beattie
Professional Organizer

No comments: