Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Reflection





The year is drawing to a close. It is a good time to find some quiet time and reflect on the past year and look forward to the new year. I challenge you to try this exercise.

  • List at least 3 experiences or events that were wonderful this past year. What insights did you receive from these delightful experiences?
  • Think of a couple of things that did not go quite the way you wanted. What did you learn about yourself from this?
  • What is your vision for the upcoming year?
  • Brainstorm a list of what you have to do to make this vision come true?
  • What stumbling blocks might impede you and how will you deal with them?
  • From your brainstorm list, pick one small thing and schedule time to work on it.
In going through this exercise myself, I have found it helpful to also work on a vision board. I also find that sharing my thoughts with others helps me gain clarity. I focus on only those thoughts and actions that come from me and that I can control. Let this time moving forward be our best personal year yet.

Jonda S. Beattie
Professional Organizer

No comments: